Swans on the River Brue

Twinney Bridge

       
Bridge Name:   Twinney Bridge
No.:  
Location:   ST363165 Ilminster Without
Build Date:   1834
Engineer:   Designed by Richard Carver, County Architect and Surveyor, built by R. Mears.
     
       
Description:    

Road Bridge crosses a tributary stream of the River Isle.

Built with the nearby Cock's Bridge in 1834 at a cost of 3751

Lias stone cut and squared, Ham stone dressings. Stilted semi-circular arch of 3 metre span, ashlar voussoirs, vermiculated keystone; band course at road level; shallow flat-topped parapet with plain chunky coping, with square piers to each corner.2

English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264035. First Listed on 22/04/1981.

     
References:   1. Somerset Roads the Legacy of the Turnpikes - Western Division - J B Bentley & B J Murless
2. Somerset HER Ref:56624


Print this | Send this | Hits: 2755 | | Return to Bridge List | Prev [<< Stratton Stream Bridge] | Next [Tytherington Bridge >>]