West Lydford Mill Stream
The mill stream starts at the weir on the River Brue approximately 300 metres upstream from the main West Lydford Bridge. It runs in an easterly direction and was constructed to provide power for Lydford Mill ( now Mill Farm ) which is approximately 100 metres downstream from the source. From Lydford Mill it continues to a small single arch stone bridge which carries King Street over the Mill Stream. It continues west before turning north to join the mill stream constructed to provide power for King o Mill and Barton Mill. Total length of the stream is approximately 500 metres.
The King o Mill and Barton Mill stream starts at the weir on the River Brue which is short distance downstream from West Lydford Bridge. It flows easterly for a distance of approximately 1200 metres to King o Mill. From King o Mill it turns north and then east for a distance of approximately 500 metres to reach Barton Mill. After a further 120 metres it joins the River Brue at Tootle Bridge.
For a full selection of images for this mill stream visit the streams Image Gallery.